Thursday, January 30, 2020

The Mermaid Lagoon

¡Hola todos!

This week went by super fast. We got kinda sick, threw a surprise birthday party for Hermana Sosa, went to Pacaya, and did some other awesome stuff. It was a good week!

Today we went to una laguna (lagoon...?) en Calderas, which is an aldea of San Vicente Pacaya, right by the volcano. It´s beautiful! We had a picnic, played uno, and just enjoyed being together as a zone. The weather is perfect up there!

This week we didn´t have much time to work in our area (as usual haha). We helped the hermanas with a wedding and a baptism, and helped the other hermanas with visits, and went to conferences and did all kinds of stuff. But yesterday was one of the first days where we were actually going to be able to do some awesome work in the Periquera, which is an aldea with a ton of people who are really ready to hear the gospel. I was all ready to go, but then my companion told me that he felt like we shouldn´t. I was kind of confused, but I decided to listen to him, because a lot of the time God tells us to change our plans in order to complete with His, which are always a lot better. Also because the Periquera is really dangerous, so if we feel like we shouldn´t go, it might actually be a life or death situation haha. Anyway, we stayed in Palin. We were walking down the street talking to everybody, and my companion met a lady named Wendy who is just awesome! She really wanted to hear our message, and she told us to visit her in her house that very day! So we went, and taught a really awesome lesson, and she´s really ready to change her life. I don´t know exactly why we didn´t have to go to the Periquera, but I´ve never met anyone like her that wants to learn so much before, and I know that we wouldn´t have met her if we had gone. Miracles happen. 

I don´t have much time to write this week, but I hope everyone has an awesome week! Life is fantastic :).

Love you guys!
-Elder Cloward

The entire zone of Palin hitch hiking in the back of a pickup truck on the way to Calderas...


Surprise party for Hermana Sosa! She was super happy.









No comments:

Post a Comment