Sunday, November 3, 2019

Brrrrrr...

Hey everyone!

So we had changes this week, and I finally got changes out of Siquinalá. I´m gonna miss it a ton, but now I´m here in Palín. This is my fourth area in the mission, and I´ve always wanted to be here. I´m with Elder Payan too, and I´ve always wanted to be companions with him! I´m still a zone leader, and I´m hoping to learn a ton from all of the awesome missionaries here. It´s going to be a really fun change. 

Palín is completely different from anything I´ve seen before. This place is closer to the capital than the coast, and a lot higher up in elevation. It´s around 45 minutes away from Siqui, but the climate is completely different around here. It´s honestly cold here. Most of the time I´ve seen it´s been cloudy with a slight breeze and sometimes a light sprinkle. It feels soooo good outside. The house is three stories! It doesn´t take up much space, but it goes so high up. I´ll have to send some pictures next week. We have an oven, a blender, couches, and a really beautiful place to study the scriptures. The only hard part is that the shower is freezing! It´s so funny how cold water isn´t so refreshing when you´re already cold. Maybe we´ll get a water heater for the shower head soon. 

Elder Payan is from Chijuajua, Mexico. That´s the same place as Elder Alcazar, the companion I was with before Elder Hoskins. It´s right by the border, kinda by El Paso, so everyone there learns English. His English is really good, and he wants to get even better. But I´ve continued my streak of having companions that I can talk to without anyone else understanding. He has almost 11 months in the mission, which is just one change less than me. He´s a really great teacher and he knows the scriptures really well. It´s gonna be awesome to be with him. 

I´m gonna miss Siquinalá. I spent the last day running around saying goodbye to all of my friends there. The lady in the ice cream shop was really sad, and me too because that was some good ice cream. But some of the hardest people to leave were the people that got baptized and changed their lives while I was there with them. I´ve seen them come so incredibly far and totally change who they are, and now I won´t get to see them anymore. The good thing is that the missionaries will still be able to help them as they continue they journey towards living with their families forever. It´s going to be really great for them. 

Next week I´ll  be able to tell more about the people here, because it´s just my second day in the new zone. But I´m going to be doing all I can to learn all of the names and places. The good news is I have a lot of help. 

Love you guys!
-Elder Cloward





My friend Santiago:


No comments:

Post a Comment