Thursday, March 5, 2020

The coldest place on Earth

¡Hola todos!

This week has been crazy. My companion got better, and then I got sick. We got to do just a few visits in our area, and then we had to stay in the house again because I got sick and threw up in the street. It wasn´t fun in the moment, but thinking back, it´s pretty funny to think about because it was in the most busy street in Palin, and everyone that passed by made fun of the white guy who was sick in Guatemala haha. Sometimes it happens. Actually, there are only two of the ten missionaries in the zone right now that aren´t sick, so it´s kinda crazy. It honestly makes me laugh that things are so rough for everyone. We´re happy though, and life is still good.

Before that, I got to go do divisions in Pacaya with Elder Machuca! We went into the mountains to visit the people there that want to learn about the gospel. They´re teaching a ton of really awesome people! It was a really fun time, except for the next morning. I was really excited to go there because Pacaya is really, reeeally cold, but they have an electric water heater on their shower there, so at least the shower is nice and warm. When we got there, I asked Elder Machuca if it was gonna work. He told me that the water tank was full, so the only way we possibly wouldn´t have water was if the power went out. And guess what happened?! When we woke up in the morning, there was no power! We waited, but it didn´t come because there was so much wind that the power had been knocked out in the whole city. So I went and took the coldest shower I´ve EVER taken ever! I got out and got dressed and everything, and that´s when I start to hear Elder Machuca screaming and cheering. Turns out the power was back. !!!. So he got to enjoy a nice warm shower, and I just got to laugh a lot (and shiver). When life doesn´t like you, it´s fun to just laugh. 

This week, we went to a multi zone conference in the capital, and we got to learn from the leaders of the mission. It was a really awesome experience for me, because they talked about exactly what I needed to learn, and I felt like a new person after leaving. Some of my favorite things I learned were about following God´s will and not our own, changing the way I pray to know God better, embarking on the quest and serving everyone, and not feeling bad for not being perfect. A lot of the time we feel like we aren´t as good as other people, or that we always mess up, or that we´re not the one who needs to be where we are. But we´re always enough, and it doesn´t matter how much we have, just how much we try. The world only cares about results, but God cares more about our effort and our progress than our standing compared to other people. That´s the part that makes me feel good. Nobody is better than you at being you, and without you the world would be as good as it is. I hope you give yourself credit for being awesome this week.

Love you guys!
-Elder Cloward


No comments:

Post a Comment