Thursday, March 19, 2020

I don´t have Corona Virus

¡Hola todos!

This week was frustrating, and then awesome! On Thursday I got sick again and we had to be in the house on Friday and some of Saturday too. It was so frustrating! But we´ve been totally healthy this week, and it´s been the best. It´s really hard to live feeling like you´re not accomplishing anything, so it was a boost of happiness to be able to go and help people again. Looks like I don´t have the corona virus after all.

The funny experience of the week was something we decided to do for Elder Machuca´s birthday. He´s one of the newest missionaries in the zone, and his birthday was last Thursday. We wanted to surprise him, but we didn´t know how to do it without it being obvious, because we´ve done the same thing for like three other missionaries here. So we decided to have a fake zone training, where we all went to the church so that my companion and I could "share a message" with the zone. Everyone knew that it was fake except for Elder Machuca. Elder Rosas and I started off by telling the zone that we were really frustrated with the way that they´ve been behaving. We started to reck them really, really hard, just going off about all of the bad things that they´re doing. It was all fake, but the missionaries pretended to be offended, and some started arguing. We got really mad, and took everyone into another room. That room was all decorated for the birthday, and we all surprised Elder Machuca a ton. I think we scared him a lot...but he was super happy and excited to learn that it was all fake. It was one of the funniest things I´ve ever done in the mission. Afterward we all learned a real message about the gospel.

Elder Machuca´s Birthday!

The Hermanas slammed his face into a piece of cake...oof

Yesterday we went to Pacaya again to help the missionaries there. It was really great because we found a TON of people who are really excited to hear our message, and they could really feel that it´s true. We got to this one house though and the lady said she was busy. I asked if we could help her, and she´s like "okay!" She took us out back, and it turns out that she was killing and defeathering chickens to sell to the neighbors...and...I learned how to do that. It´s kinda nasty to reach your hand into a recently killed chicken to take out all the stuff in there...holy cow. I thought science class was gross...but the lady was really happy that we helped, and I was happy to learn something new haha. Service is service! I was also happy that the power didn´t go out and so we got to take warm showers haha. All in all, the missionaries there are amazing and I love them a ton.

Defeathering and deorganing chickens. That was so nasty...

This lady was really nice. 
It´s been a really fun week of learning. Right now, we´re teaching all of the missionaries here about how to make goals. A lof of us have "goals" that we want to achieve, like "live a happy life" or "get closer to my family" or "read more books" and stuff like that. These things are good, but they really aren´t goals; they´re just desires, and they´re really hard to fulfill just by having them. An effective goal should lead us to achieve our desires, and should have three things: It should be specific,  it should be measurable, and it should have a specific period of time attached. For example, if I want to be a nicer person, I can make a goal that this week, I´m going to give three complements to people every single day. That is specific, can be measured, and has a time period. And it also helps me in my quest to be a nicer person. I invite all of you to make one goal like this for the week, and do it! It´s honestly really fun, and it makes you feel like you´re really progressing in life. These are the kinds of goals that make people change the world.

Love you guys!
-Elder Cloward

Visiting the Periquera with Hermano Edwin




No comments:

Post a Comment