Thursday, March 5, 2020

Little League Soccer

¡Hola todos!

I hope it´s been an awesome week for everyone. I know it has for me, but I really don´t remember much of what happened haha. That happens a lot here because the time goes by SO fast that I feel like I was just here writing the email last week. 

My companion has been really sick, so we haven´t been able to work too much, but we´ve done some pretty awesome things in the little time we´ve had. On Sunday after church finished, this teenager came up to us and said he wanted to go visit people with us. We asked him who he was, and he said his name was Anthony, but that everyone calls him Taquito. I got super excited, because in my almost 5 months of being here, I´ve heard a TON of things about that guy. Apparently he used to always visit with the missionaries, and he knows a ton of people to visit. Nobody had seen him in a really long time, but he finally came and found us, and we got to go visiting with him the next day. He knows about a ton of families who used to go to church and now don´t, which is gold for missionaries. The whole time he was just showing us houses where church members live that we don´t even know. We´ll probably start visiting with him a little more often now.

On Saturday we had an activity where we invited a ton of kids from about 6 to 18 years old on the street to just come play soccer in the church. We thought that maybe five or six would come, but we were wrong. There were probably 30 kids in there, all playing soccer at the same time! We eventually had to make more teams and split it up a bit better, because there were way too many people on the field at once. But it was awesome, and some of them came to church the next day! We´ll probably end up doing the same thing this week too. It was really funny watching a ton of kids going crazy chasing after a soccer ball and having a great time. 

This week I´ve been starting to study a lot more from a book called "Jesus the Christ." It´s basically a super, super in-depth analysis of the life of Jesus Christ, all meant to convince the world that He is our savior and redeemer. It´s one of the most complicated things I´ve ever read, and I can´t read much more than a chapter at a time because it analyzes EVerything, and leaves me with a TON to think about. But if I´m learning one thing, it´s that Jesus Christ was perfect. Every word He said was carefully chosen and placed to teach the people His gospel. Every story He told was pretty much the best possible way to help the people in that point in time. Every question He asked was exactly what the people needed to question internally the things that they were doing and what they needed to do differently. When I learn about the actual meaning of everything that He said and did, it really makes me amazed at how detailed the bible really is. No man could have thought of something so perfect, and the only thing that men have done to the bible is make it a little less clear. My favorite parts of the bible are just the four gospels that explain what Jesus did when He was here, because He gave us the perfect example. I invite you all take a little time this week to learn more about some of the things that Jesus did, because He is our best example. I know that He lived, and that He is the way, the truth, and life, and no man cometh unto the Father but by Him.

Love you guys!
-Elder Cloward

The eggs outside of our window hatched!

Yuck...

Tacos a la Mexicana hechos en Guatemala...

No comments:

Post a Comment