Friday, May 17, 2019

I have another son

¡Hola todos!

This week was crazy! We ran around meeting and helping tons of people. We met some really, really cool people to teach, and we had five people come to church this week for the first time. We had to wait a while for a family that we met, but we brought them and they were really happy. I´m really excited. 

Me, Elder Lopez (one of my zone leaders), and Elder McArthur. Before my haircut
Quick story from this week. There was this one moment where we were in the house getting ready, and I was waiting for Elder Myler to finish preparing. I put my head on the desk and closed my eyes for a few seconds. And then I hear "now´s my chance!" And then a sudden buzzing sound right above my head. I looked up and saw him with an electric razor, right about so shave my hair off! And when he saw that I saw, he instantly closed it up and pretended he wasn´t doing anything. He´s one of the funniest people I´ve ever met. 

Me and Elder Torres! We both got haircuts today.
This week, we had changes. Elder Myler was sent to Villa Nueva, to be with Elder Eborn. I´m gonna miss him a ton, because we got really close and learned sooo much together.  But I´m really happy for him, because Elder Eborn was my companion for about 10 weeks, and I love him a lot. So I´m staying here in El Palmar in the coast for another change, but...this time I have a companion who is BRAND NEW to the mission. Today is literally his second day in the mission field. Crazy! His name is Elder Torres, and he´s from Ecuador. He´s actually the greatest guy ever. He´s super goofy, but also super pure and good. I can tell he really wants to learn and serve everyone, which is the real purpose of the mission. It´s really funny how different his Spanish is though. He keeps saying words and making hand symbols that are normal and fine in his country, but happen to be really, really bad here. He doesn´t even know until he sees the shock in my eyes from the huge swear words he´s accidentally saying. It´s really funny how different the culture is. But he´s going to learn quick. I´m super excited to be with him. 

I´m also district leader now, which means that I get to serve over the missionaries around our area. It´s super exciting to be able to help them with everything and make them feel awesome. The truth is that the mission is all about learning to show the love of God to everyone around you. And that´s something that I really love doing. Making people feel like they´re important, that they´re powerful, and that they can do the things that they set their minds to. It feels really great to help other people to see their worth. The way they react is really the essence of making their eyes shine, because you can really see the happiness in their countenance. It´s the greatest thing.

Love you guys!
-Elder Cloward




No comments:

Post a Comment